Go on The Greatest Adventure of Your Life!
Omega’s founder and Chief Clinical Officer Dr. Nicholas Kardaras has spent almost 20 years in NY helping thousands of young people and adults to overcome their mental health and/or addiction challenges as they discover their true potential. At Omega Recovery, Austin we have one of the most cutting-edge and powerful therapeutic programs in the country designed by one of America’s leading clinicians and a thought leader in addiction treatment.
In Omega Recovery Treatment Houses, the clients get 30 hrs of clinical treatment in a large, beautiful, secure home right in the community! They spend 5 days a week working with some of the best therapists in Austin, attend life skills groups, receive peer recovery coaching, and person fitness training all in a secure setting.
Omega Recovery is led by an exceptional staff and is an affordable program, offering a high quality holistic addiction recovery for alcohol, drug & other addictions or process addictions. Among Austin’s best Rehabs, we provide quality care for addiction, mental health, childhood trauma, family of origin and codependency recovery.
Our sober living houses are located in the heart of central Austin. Our homes are walking distance to many major Austin hot spots and many of the local favorite coffee shops and cafe’s. Omega Recovery has over 10 house managers as well as several full time employees dedicated solely to sober living Austin and ensuring the environment is safe, nurturing and accountable.
Playing video games, checking social media, watching YouTube, porn, sending emails, surfing the web, social media obsession, smartphone usage…these are now acknowledged as more than just obsessions. In some cases, they can be debilitating addictions and clinical disorders that have ruined people’s lives.
At Omega Recovery we view addiction as a self-medicating symptom of some other underlying distress. That underlying distress can be different in each person: childhood trauma, psychiatric imbalance, physical pain, toxic relationships, existential crisis, habituation to addictive medication, personality disorders, unresolved bereavement, internalized shame, etc. For each person, those issues can come together to form a unique “perfect storm” of active addiction. But meaningful recovery is not just detoxing the person from the substances or the addictive behavior; it’s understanding and then treating the issues that led to the self-medication and also helping the struggling addict develop a better sense of Self–and to re-write and reframe their “story” in a more healthy and meaningful way.
Dr Nicholas Kardaras, PH. D., LCSW-R
Co-Founder, Chief Clinical Officer
Dr. Kardaras is an Ivy-League educated psychologist, an internationally renowned speaker, and one of the country’s foremost addiction experts. A former Clinical Professor at Stony Brook Medicine where he specialized in teaching the neurophysiology and treatment of addiction, he has also taught neuropsychology at the doctoral-level and has worked closely in developing clinical protocols with Dr. Howard Shaffer, Associate Professor at Harvard Medical School and the Director of their Division of Addiction.
Julia C Thompson LMSW
Julia received her Master of Clinical Social Work degree from Florida Gulf Coast University in 2014. Julia has worked in the fields of both inpatient and outpatient substance abuse treatment and community mental health. It was early in her career that it became evident to her that addiction typically indicates an underlying distress and most often trauma. Julia has devoted much of her time to working in the field of recovery from addiction and trauma both in her employment and in volunteer roles in the SW Florida community that she recently
What Makes Omega Recovery Unique?
- Central Location in the Heart of South Austin
- Trauma-Informed treatment that targets and addresses the past trauma that is stored in the psyche, releasing the grips of anxiety, fear, depression, and shame that continually manifests in sabotaging patterns
- The only tech addiction treatment program in Texas run by the country’s leader in tech addiction
- Adventure therapy once per week that includes excursions throughout Austin
- Codependency treatment that addresses the dysfunction of the self through the family system
- An inward psychological program that focuses on Jungian Concepts, Heroes Journey, Mythic poetic life of understanding deep internal universe spiritual truths and true individuality
- Family therapy that can help educate family members about the disease of addiction as well as healing the rifts and dysfunctional patterns that often occur in addictive households
- Mindfulness meditation and engaged living that cultivates a true spiritual life
- Inclusion of nuerobiological factors in diagnosis and clinical treatment